View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #58
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Patrick Stewart & Ian McKellen Return for Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
See, I don't see how The Last Stand can be apart of this continuity. First Class already established that Xavier is paralyzed when he and Magneto were in their mid-to-late 20's. Also, let's not forget that Moira McTaggert already exists in 1962. If Xavier was not paralyzed at the end of First Class, then I can see them trying to put all of it together and retconning Dr. McTaggert as someone else.

I can't see anyone bringing this up as blowing things out of proportion or being too analytically since Xavier being paralyzed and Xavier/Magneto meeting young Jean Grey were both pivotal scenes in their respective films.
We've all been bringing this up like forever so you are not alone in wondering how the films can fit together.

I think the problem has been that each film has been made without fully taking into consideration the other films that existed at the time, and without considering the franchise as a whole.The filmmakers just did what worked best for the individual story they were trying to tell.

Hopefully it becomes clear what is being acknowledged, ignored or accounted for.