View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #63
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Default Re: Patrick Stewart & Ian McKellen Return for Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
The Wolverine follows X3 continuity. I highly doubt its being taking away as never existing in the franchise. Since we are dealing with ALt timelines in DOFP all 3 original X flicks can be out the window or changed in some sense. It depends what they do, but X3 is still canon as far as X films are concerned from what Mangold and Jackman said.
I just don't know how they are doing to do it. First Class contradicts The Last Stand in so many ways. Like I said on the first page, they're going to have fun trying to piece these films together. The only no-no within a franchise is not messing up continuity. We can forgive seeing anti-mutant McCoy on television in X2. We can forgive MacTaggert being in The Last Stand since her camero was pretty much shoe-horned in there. It's just everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
We've all been bringing this up like forever so you are not alone in wondering how the films can fit together.

I think the problem has been that each film has been made without fully taking into consideration the other films that existed at the time, and without considering the franchise as a whole.The filmmakers just did what worked best for the individual story they were trying to tell.

Hopefully it becomes clear what is being acknowledged, ignored or accounted for.
You're right. Hopefully it does become clear soon. My inner fanboy comes out with situations like this.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote