View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #559
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Could have but didn't for several reasons;

1. The movie says Batman's not been sighted since the night Dent died
2. Nolan said the 8 year gap was representative of Batman's retirement
3. Nolan says on the special features of the blu ray that the injury he sustained that requires a cane is from the fall he had with Dent at the end of TDK. Can you see Batman being active in crime fighting with an injury like that? You see him limping away at the end of TDK when the Cops are chasing him. Clearly the injury just deteriorated over the 8 years.
1.) So 'confirmed sighting' means firmly that Batman was never in Gotham City ever since the night of Dent's murder? Batman could have never continued to protect the city as much as he can in the shadows knowing that the police will be on his tail if he's ever sighted by the police? And if you ask what's so wrong with having the police chasing him as it happened in BB, then I will bring up the fact that it's something unnecessary. Batman doesn't need a huge police chase, especially since the police didn't even care about Bane while they chased Batman.

2.) Nolan made the generalization of the eight years having passed TDK's events. Nothing true about Bruce actually being retired for a total of eight years.

3.) The injury could have definitely deteriorated over the eight years, but I never said Batman stayed around for eight years. Bruce could have stayed as Batman until he couldn't take the injury anymore. My dad has had a similar injury that only got worse through years, but he only recently retired and signed up for disability like two years ago and before that, continued to work at a hardware store.

You make it seem like you have justifiable proof that Bruce just left the cape and cowl after Dent died, but nothing really proves such until someone speaks to Christopher Nolan and asks him for sure.

Quote:
I'm not saying it does. I'm saying that's one of several possible and more likely reasons. This is all conjecture on my behalf.
Definitely the best possible reason to you, but I don't see it as a reason when he has everything he has, for nostalgia sake, in his mansion.

Quote:
You brought up the idea. No offense, but that's all it is, an idea. Whereas we have direct quotes from the movie and the director substantiating Batman's retirement for 8 years and the Dent Act keeping men locked up for 8 years.

It doesn't add up in the face of what we're told.
No offense taken as I already said it's an idea, lol.

But, I've already said my point of view countless of times on both of those mentions regarding the eight years. Two hard-headed posters really get nowhere, huh? Lol.

Quote:
Trust me, Anno, I would have LOVED if Batman did not throw in the towel at the end of TDK, because the last thing I was thinking when I saw TDK's ending was Batman was riding off on the Bat-Pod for retirement after just being christened a Dark Knight. You'll recall I am a big critic of that.

But I have to concede that isn't how it played given everything we're told. Both in the movie and by the movie makers.
And I disagree; I believe Batman didn't just give up, but once again, to each their own. And I suppose that's why I can handle certain parts of TDKR because I view it differently than the people who seem to not enjoy TDKR so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
Whilst I definitely like the idea of Batman fighting on for a few more months, there's obviously more proof in the movie of him retiring the night Dent died than the opposite. How anyone can deny this is ludicrous
I'd rather be...