View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 08:25 PM   #565
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
Whilst I definitely like the idea of Batman fighting on for a few more months, there's obviously more proof in the movie of him retiring the night Dent died than the opposite. How anyone can deny this is ludicrous
There's always one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
1.) So 'confirmed sighting' means firmly that Batman was never in Gotham City ever since the night of Dent's murder?
Absolutely. Unless you have some practical alternative suggestions about what a limping leg Batman would be doing out in Gotham after that night?

If your response is catching criminals, then that would be a confirmed sighting, since those captured criminals could substantiate Batman was still around.

Quote:
Batman could have never continued to protect the city as much as he can in the shadows knowing that the police will be on his tail if he's ever sighted by the police?
How does he protect Gotham from the shadows?

Quote:
And if you ask what's so wrong with having the police chasing him as it happened in BB, then I will bring up the fact that it's something unnecessary. Batman doesn't need a huge police chase, especially since the police didn't even care about Bane while they chased Batman.
I wasn't going to bring that up, but since you have I'll gladly use that since Bruce was not bothered by being chased after either of these chases with the Police.

Quote:
2.) Nolan made the generalization of the eight years having passed TDK's events. Nothing true about Bruce actually being retired for a total of eight years.
You're putting words in Nolan's mouth by saying he made a generalization. How can it be a generalization when he says the 8 years is the retirement period? He hung up the cape and cowl.

It's spelled out simply. No generalization. No double meaning.

Quote:
3.) The injury could have definitely deteriorated over the eight years, but I never said Batman stayed around for eight years. Bruce could have stayed as Batman until he couldn't take the injury anymore.
What kind of idiot tries to fight crime with a handicap like a limp?

You're just conjecturing again, and your what if scenario sounds so ludicrous. Batman going around the rooftops and taking on criminals with a limp.

Ridiculous scenario I cannot even possible envision of Nolan's Batman.

Quote:
My dad has had a similar injury that only got worse through years, but he only recently retired and signed up for disability like two years ago and before that, continued to work at a hardware store.
No offense, but working in a hardware store, and running around rooftops and fighting criminals is a bit more physically stressful on a man than working in a hardware store.

It doesn't take years of ninja training to do that.

Quote:
You make it seem like you have justifiable proof that Bruce just left the cape and cowl after Dent died, but nothing really proves such until someone speaks to Christopher Nolan and asks him for sure.
Someone already has. There's his quote.

Why you think he's generalizing is beyond me, except I suspect it's just an attempt to make your argument have some validity to it.

Quote:
Definitely the best possible reason to you, but I don't see it as a reason when he has everything he has, for nostalgia sake, in his mansion.
What Batman memorabilia does he have in Wayne Manor?

Quote:
No offense taken as I already said it's an idea, lol.

But, I've already said my point of view countless of times on both of those mentions regarding the eight years. Two hard-headed posters really get nowhere, huh? Lol.
Maybe, but it would help if one particular hard headed poster could back up his theories with something a bit more concrete like I have

- The Joker