View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #569
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Which is probably Nolans way of not getting pinned down or alienating segments of fan boys. It's kinda why I was saying this film causes so much debate as there are lot of things unclear. My opinion is he retired after dents death. I don't like it, but that's the way they laid it out. If not, I just need to hear one line of dialogue from anyone saying batman was out and about.
You're in for a long wait for that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I think though you have to look at the implication of that line. Could batman still have been out there? Sure. Could he have also battled the joker again and could dent still be alive. Why not? The whole point of Blake saying that, if we are to believe Nolan isn't a hack, is to let the audience know batman had quit that night. Otherwise, why not just say hardly anyone or very few have seen him.
Exactly. That way it lets us know Batman did not throw in the towel directly after that night. But we didn't get that. We did get many lines that outright say it's been 8 years since anyone has seen Batman in Gotham.

No getting around that. Everything else is just baseless conjecturing.

- The Joker