View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #403
Dark Knight
Banned User

Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
Both films were beautiful works of art. The underwater fight in Skyfall was an awesome concept executed perfectly, and it's one of those films where you can tell the director looked at every page of the script and thought "How can I make this scene as memeorable as possible?" But I still give the edge to TDKR, simply because I think there were two types of cinematography in it; clinical, thriller style for most of the sequences that were set featuring humans, and majestic shots for any scene involving the legends that are Batman, Bane, and Catwoman.

And the rest of the movies still lead me to favor TDKR, because it's my type of movie. I prefer my movies stuffed with plot-lines and characters out the wazoo, I admire Bane just a bit more than Silva because of how inhuman he seemed compared to the very twisted but understandable Silva. Silva was terrifying in a twisted, fallen hero type of way; Bane was terrifying in a hell-spawned animal sort of way. And as much as I like Bond, I like Batman more, especially since he seemed to grow even more as a person in this movie. Bond was (again) back to Bond classic at the end of his movie; Bruce was moving beyond the cowl after proofing there was more to him than the cowl. And the supporting casts also appeal to me more in TDKR. Judi Dench knocks it out of the park, but so does Michael Caine and Anne Hathaway, so sheer quantity of quality overwhelms Skyfall. Severine wasn't really memorable at all, and literally came off as Bond-Girl Mk. III as opposed to a character, and understatement is good, but I'm a man who favors ham and cheese more, so the stiff-upper-lip Englishness of Skyfall doesn't raise it anymore in my eyes.

Yeah. TDKR's was more epic and just had more depth, emotion, and layers to it compared to Skyfall.

Plus there was no Bond girl in this film and having that hot girl in the beginning was just a waste really.

I already knew that agent was actually going to be Money Penny as well.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote