View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #19
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Default Re: HOLY ARKHAM LOGIC BATMAN! The Crazy, Insane Theory about Nolanverse Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
REAL good thread, but why is this in the TDKR area?
Thanks man -- and well it's on the TDKR area because it's supposed to involve the entire trilogy. Most of these characters and aspects do appear throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
AMAZING thread. The Shining theory is cool as ****!
I know right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedhut View Post
Funny, I watched The Shining recently and couldnt help to notice Ledger's Joker shared some mannerism with Jack (particularly in the bar scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbLB21If2YA)
That's a great insight -- I wonder if he was conscious of that when he performed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
This thread is trippy. I like it.
tis the idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
You mean Thomas Schiff?
The very one. It went as such that Thomas Schiff is actually Nolan-verse's Mad Hatter just because he's an inmate from Arkham and I guess he wore a hat but hey you can't stop em from speculating can you?

But what I loved about that particular angle is how the Joker would've been this catalyst to the throng of "freaks" and so really play as much a hand in inadvertantly creating the endless supply of psychotic villains as much as Batman, making the entire exotic and larger-than-life element of the comics a blend of Batman's involvement on Gotham, the Joker's brand of "criminal" and to some extent the Scarecrow's fear-gas. A sort of mythical dimension within the imagination of Gothammites. So yeah, a hyper reality with meta-textual implications.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote