View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #19
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective
Default Re: HOLY ARKHAM LOGIC BATMAN! The Crazy, Insane Theory about Nolanverse Thread

Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
REAL good thread, but why is this in the TDKR area?
Thanks man -- and well it's on the TDKR area because it's supposed to involve the entire trilogy. Most of these characters and aspects do appear throughout.

Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
AMAZING thread. The Shining theory is cool as ****!
I know right?!

Originally Posted by Shedhut View Post
Funny, I watched The Shining recently and couldnt help to notice Ledger's Joker shared some mannerism with Jack (particularly in the bar scene:
That's a great insight -- I wonder if he was conscious of that when he performed?

Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
This thread is trippy. I like it.
tis the idea

Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
You mean Thomas Schiff?
The very one. It went as such that Thomas Schiff is actually Nolan-verse's Mad Hatter just because he's an inmate from Arkham and I guess he wore a hat but hey you can't stop em from speculating can you?

But what I loved about that particular angle is how the Joker would've been this catalyst to the throng of "freaks" and so really play as much a hand in inadvertantly creating the endless supply of psychotic villains as much as Batman, making the entire exotic and larger-than-life element of the comics a blend of Batman's involvement on Gotham, the Joker's brand of "criminal" and to some extent the Scarecrow's fear-gas. A sort of mythical dimension within the imagination of Gothammites. So yeah, a hyper reality with meta-textual implications.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote