View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 04:48 AM   #21
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Default Re: HOLY ARKHAM LOGIC BATMAN! The Crazy, Insane Theory about Nolanverse Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
First story a reference to The Shining, and Jokers second story (to Rachel) a reference to Harley?
Why not right? I mean sure The Killing Joke essentiallyhas the same origin story but ftn

And of course, who doesn't love thinking about Harl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgato View Post
Freud said that our life memories are all pearls in a necklace, and like in a necklace they are all tied to each other.

That's ... actually really interesting about the symbolism that grips Batman not just in Nolan-verse but in every incarnation. I think people tend to not look too much into the Freudian implication of hero-myths and stories about heroism a lot these days because Freud's theories have become so much a staple of 20th Century thinking. But it's there, and while I don't pretend to know what Nolan got influenced by or was thinking when he made these movies, I do think that there are more Freudian aspects in the trilogy than we give him credit for.

Nolan's films have always had a Jungian dimension, so there's that as well.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote