View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #22
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: HOLY ARKHAM LOGIC BATMAN! The Crazy, Insane Theory about Nolanverse Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
The very one. It went as such that Thomas Schiff is actually Nolan-verse's Mad Hatter just because he's an inmate from Arkham and I guess he wore a hat but hey you can't stop em from speculating can you?

But what I loved about that particular angle is how the Joker would've been this catalyst to the throng of "freaks" and so really play as much a hand in inadvertantly creating the endless supply of psychotic villains as much as Batman, making the entire exotic and larger-than-life element of the comics a blend of Batman's involvement on Gotham, the Joker's brand of "criminal" and to some extent the Scarecrow's fear-gas. A sort of mythical dimension within the imagination of Gothammites. So yeah, a hyper reality with meta-textual implications.
I think it also had to do with the fact that Schiff was a schizophrenic from Arkham. So there were comparisons to Mad Hatter.

Just like Coleman Reese and The Riddler. The black guy on the ferries as either Killer Croc (Brian Azzarello version) or Amygdala. Barsad as Deadshot. Jen as Holly Robinson. Ramirez as Montoya. The black cop in Rises with the "Allen" nametag as Crispus Allen. Stephens/Wuertz as a Bullock combo. Blake as a Robin amalgamation. Bane as a mix between the comic-Bane, the mutant leader from TDKReturns and Deacon Blackfire from The Cult..

I've heard ALL of these being speculated by fans. Some of them i agree with, but for the sake of this thread..the rest are all possible! Including the Schiff theory.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote