View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #56
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Default Re: London Calling

The Amazing Spider-Man Sequel Setting A Course For Blighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon Connelly
The production title for next Spider-Man film is going to be London Calling. Already that’s interesting.

So, on learning this a couple of weeks back, I started doing some research, on two fronts.

First of all, I wanted to know why. Secondly, I wanted to know if the production would be coming over here to England, if only for a while.

As you might expect, I haven’t been able to garner any inside knowledge on what the tightly locked-down script contains – but I have had an appropriate storyline from the comics explained. Warning – if you haven’t seen the first film, the next two sentences will spoil an element of it.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

My informant (ie. Rich) told me that Gwen Stacy came over to the UK to study when mourning the death of her father.

That seems to follow on from the last movie rather nicely – and will certainly give Mary Jane Watson a chance to steal the spotlight.

Sounds good. I’ll take that as my “Why” for now.

But how about the second line of enquiry? Well, that’s where my digging has been rather more fruitful.

I managed to confirm that London Calling has indeed been planning for some production over here in the UK. How much? No idea. Yet. But it’s not studio stuff – or at least not just studio stuff. They’re planning to film out and about in the streets.

As location scouting and booking happens we’ll likely be able to give you a better idea of what’s being planned, but for now, there’s just the interesting prospect of seeing the friendly webhead getting a whole new neighbourhood to swing around.

Last edited by Gabe99; 11-28-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote