View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #755
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Well, we'll have to wait and see what happens with casting.

The Jean Grey appearance in The Wolverine may just be a memory or flashback by Logan, but it could be any number of things.

We're only speculating because we don't know what path they have chosen.

But I think the general public would be baffled by the reappearance of Cyclops, Jean or Xavier, or even a repowered Rogue or Magneto, unless there is some explanation given.

At the end of the day, it's down to Singer, the producers and the studio (and maybe Millar too) to decide the best way forward.
Unless whoever comes from the future comes to a time before X3 when they were either still alive or powered. That way it won't ignore X3 as such, but just would be taking place before that happened. However, once the timeline is played around with, things would change and X3 might never transpire. I don't think the audience would have a problem realising that it's at a point in history when those characters are still alive and not that they've suddenly been resurrected, especially if the future traveller looks at where to travel back to and picks that period.