View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #50
UaalaDan
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I didn't think the way they handled the general public helping Spidey in SM1 was too bad. It was when they were chucking stuff at Goblin on the bridge right? It's been years and years since I saw it though.

I almost think some kind of scene of ordinary people stepping up is needed cause it goes right to the heart of what Superman is about: inspiring the best in us. Even if it's just 9/11 style firefighters shown or people trying to pull others from wreckage at the end when Metropolis goes full Krypton war.

On an unrelated note, the way everyone jumped on the hate train a couple weeks back when we were discussing Cavills acting has still got me a bit worried. I was wondering if there was any specific ep of that tv show he's on that really showcases him and can lessen my concern.
I think he's pretty damn good in this:
http://youtu.be/IhS_rnq9zT4
The way he says the phrase in French is very sincere. It shows Cavill can act as a romantic, kind person.

I think he is pretty good in all season 4. Some episodes he is very Superman like. Like when he is analyzing the destruction and stuff. There was a long clip on youtube before that showed all these scenes but was removed. I think its episode 4x08. He's much better in that than in all his movies, including Immortals. It means than when the writing is good, he can do a great job.

Last edited by UaalaDan; 11-29-2012 at 09:06 AM.