View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 06:47 AM   #124
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
claiming to have inside knowledge without anything to back that claim up is the complete opposite of understanding how the internet works.
I'll give you the benefit of doubt for now, but I can guarantee you, the minute you are proven wrong all hell will break lose. you'll probably get banned too. we've had this situation before on these boards and it wasn't pretty.
so, ok, Jan is in a Schrödinger state of existance right now, but I'll bet you a gazillion internet money that that cat is dead. Feige won't anger Wright and cast an actress that will become Wrights leading actress in Ant-Man without asking him and I find it very unlikely Wright would be d'accord with the actress that is supposed to play Jan in IM3.
100 amens to this.

There are a LOT of reasons why Janet Van Dyne will NOT appear in IM3, but the chief reason is, pure and simple, that she's part of Ant-Man's mythos and the Avenger mythos, NOT Iron Man's. Introducing her in an IM movie disrespects Edgar Wright (who should have "dibs" on her), the Avengers, Iron Man, and the fans, all in the same breath. Feige is NOT going to let that happen. (And we've already had the backlash from similar misplaced cameos for Hawkeye in Thor and Widow in IM2.)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014