View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #480
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Imo, it is when the films simply haven't been seen to already say they can win just like that. Things can very well surprise you, or they may not even be in the running for Best Picture as well.
So true. In complete opposition to my predictions before the film came out, I don't think TDKR deserves any major Oscars and I think proves your point about people assuming way too much about Django Unchained and The Hobbit before having seen those movies. Six months ago, based on the trailers for TDKR, I thought Nolan had done it again and surpassed himself. I thought the film was a shoe-in for major nominations now that the field for Best Picture has been opened up to make room for critically acclaimed blockbusters. But TDKR wasn't what I expected it to be. It ended up being a major disappointment for me and it appears many other people. The same thing could happen with Django Unchained and The Hobbit. Django could end up being another Kill Bill or Death Proof. Tarrantino's record is not spotless and neither is Jackson's.