View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #19
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Stinger Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
whatever it is it will answer one important question. do sequels need after credit intros? IM2 didnt get one...
Um, yes it did...

EDIT: Oh, I get what you mean now. Technically, Iron Man's stinger was pretty directly related to Iron Man 2, as SHIELD's role in the movie increased and built off of Fury's appearance. But to be fair, IM3 didn't get a stinger directly related to it either. I blame the fact that those movies weren't shooting at the time that the previous movie was released, so there wasn't much available. Now that Marvel is on its prized two-films-a-year pace, I think every stinger can now directly relate to the following movie, sequel or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Shoot. just realized Thor trailers will probably predate IM3. No need for TDW stingers
The Cap trailer predated the release of Thor last year, but Thor's end credits sequence still showed the Tesseract. Of course, it more led up to Avengers, but it was still related to the Cap movie.

There was never a need for stingers, but they are still fun, they get fans really hyped up, and they are a now-expected feature of MCU movies (and most superhero movies nowadays). I'm pretty sure they're here to stay. I think Feige even has confirmed that in interviews.

Last edited by spideymouse; 11-30-2012 at 04:00 PM.
spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote