View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #44
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: A theory about an alternate TDKR with the Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
And what do you call him handing out sentences in a plan where he doesn't know the city is going to be blown up?

A pawn again.
Didn't know I said anything about Crane not being a pawn again, but I say that it didn't work for me seeing as how Crane was used once by the LoS. Simply put, Crane didn't need to return at all. It was a nice cameo(I recall laughing a bit when I saw Cillian Murphy on the screen even when I knew he was going to be in TDKR) as much as it was in TDK, but it would've been totally fine if Crane wasn't used in the threequel.

Quote:
The same way they knew he attacked Gotham before, and knew that Bruce Wayne was Batman.
By past members of the League during Ra's' run?

Quote:
Given the tiny role he had, did you expect there to be some exposition on how he was there? The city is under control of Bane. Anyone could have been set free by him.
I think it would've been best for a little explanation of how Crane got out of Arkham Asylum.

Quote:
Bruce and Fox made an antidote to Crane's toxin in Begins. Fox made it after Bruce had been gassed. He took a sample of his blood and synthesized an antidote. Bruce told him to go back to W.E. and mass produce it because the Police were going to need loads of it.
And you presume the antidote was used on Arkham's inmates as well? Then explain how Carmine Falcone is still in the asylum during the events in TDK. Falcone should've been in a prison cell after being cured.

Quote:
That's not a pivotal role in taking over the city. The city was taken over before Bane even broke them out. What you just described was them carrying out mundane duties during the siege.

The city would still be taken over whether they were there or not. No pivotal role in that was played on their part.
Policing the city with the LoS members isn't a pivotal role in taking over a city and keeping martial law to continue?

Quote:
I don't want to under sell the other actors in the movie by saying I think all it would take is a few minutes of screen time from Ledger's Joker to rob all of the other characters of any spotlight.

Of course there would have been buzz for him doing an encore performance. Can't deny that. But to say he would have been the focal point of all the movie's talk even with a small role, that I do not believe.
It's much speculative to suggest, though. Joker, even with 40 minutes, is the main talk of TDK and even a cameo could be the same thing. And let alone, the cameo of Joker would even come to the table when people compare Joker to Bane, which the cameo would probably only help Joker more.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote