View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #459
batman497
Side-Kick

Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Okay maybe this is way of topic, but as the Blu Ray release inches closer I have begun to dissect the movie again. So in the car Bruce talks to Blake. Bruce says to Blake, " Batman could be anybody. That was the point." So in the end of the movie he hands the reigns to an inexperienced cop who can't even "clear the corners" and whose big action finale in the movie is taking kids off and on a school bus! So in The Dark Knight a group of well-meaning citizens take on the symbol of Batman. They attempt to take on the Scarecrow and the chechins. Batman for some reason attacks all of these men who are doing the exact same thing that Blake will be doing. One of them states, "We're trying to help you!" Bruce says he doesn't need their help and states that he has the right to do what he is doing because, "Iiiiiii'mmmmmm noooooot wearingggg hockey pahhhds!" In Batman Begins Rachel says to Bruce, "and then I found out about your mask." Bruce says "Batman is just a symbol." To which Rachel says that his real face is that of Batman. Okay the WHOLE freaking idea behind TDKR is that the symbol of batman will carry on without Bruce and that it will inspire the people of Gotham. The symbol can also be taken up by anyone because what really matters is the symbol and not the person. Now why the hell does Bruce get mad in the beginning of TDK when those other men do the exact thing he wants people to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? He even states in TDK "That wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I said I wanted to inspire people." This makes no freaking sense!!!! I'm having like a meltdown over here because this makes no sense. Please someone explain this to me! The first movie basically says Bruce is Batman and the symbolism behind "batman" whether he died or whatever, would inspire people to take back their city. So Bruce=Batman. End of story! Then other people take on the symbol of Batman because they are inspired by him. Bruce doesn't like this. "That wasn't what he meant." So he wants the Batman persona gone so that Harvey can be a real hero that people can look toward. Okay we're fine here. Then the third movie comes around and now it totally makes sense for some kid with no experience, not even real experience as a cop, to be Batman!!!? The whole idea of what, why, and how of Batman now makes no sense. What is going on?
Ps- John Blake spends the end of the movie getting his butt kicked and riding on a school bus!

batman497 is offline   Reply With Quote