View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #35
huzzah
Side-Kick

Default Re: Any word on if this is going to resolve continuity issues from First Class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It's an unfortunate continuity error, or a retcon.

At the time X1 was scripted - in 1996-1998, which is 14-16 years ago - they decided Xavier was 17 when he met Magneto

But when it came to writing First Class, they evidently wanted them to meet as two young men in the 1960s, when they would be in their 20s or 30s.

As you know, there are many other things that don't line up. I'd like them to revisit the DVD/Blu-ray versions to do some re-editing (adding deleted scenes, correcting a few bits to make them flow better) but I doubt they will bother to go to that time and trouble (let alone expense). Xavier's line could be overdubbed with 'when i was a young man...'

It would be so good if we had an X-Men Definitive Collection from Singer where he recut all the films to make them flow as perfectly as possible? But I don't think it will happen.
It makes wonder what the throught process was when they were coming up with ideas for First Class. The more I think about DOFP the more I think its part of an alternate time line that started with First Class. Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan and Hugh Jackman will play themselves but will be part of different timeline to X1, X2, x3 and Xmen Origins.

huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote