View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #503
moviedoors
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingArtist View Post
I'm curious, what makes you think that will make good drama? What are you hoping to see?

Personally, what I want to see is innocent, decent people and their kids in terrifying as f-ck danger, either by disaster or villain..... Then Superman swooping in to save the day and look badass doing it. The kind of formula that made that scene in the first Iron Man so satisfying. I want people to root for Superman again.
That scene where Iron Man shows up to kick ass for the first time is awesome precisely because of what I'm talking about. If we hadn't seen Tony's struggles, if we hadn't seen his growth, hadn't seen what it took for him to become the man who has to save lives, that scene would have been so much empty spectacle. It would have been a Transformers movie. The action was married to Tony's arc as a character. THAT is drama. That is what Man of Steel has to have to work as something more than just a bunch of worthless Bayhem.

I want to see Clark struggle with realizing he has a two fathers. I want to see Clark pine for his home world, personified in Zod, a man who knows more about where he really came from than anyone alive. I want to see him him tempted, to fight with his two heritages, to grow, and to become the hero. The ass kicking is going to be there. The drama will make it play.

And whether he wears his suit under his clothes or it's something more alien is kind of a minor blip in whether that's going to work or not. I just happen to lean more towards something alien, because I haven't seen that before.

Last edited by moviedoors; 12-01-2012 at 11:46 AM.