View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #33
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Default Re: Man of Steel - worried about Star Trek 2, Iron Man 3, and The Wolverine?

Frankly, everyone should be extremely concerned.

The release of mid June is awful. Absolutely awful. Countless superhero films have opened in the same position over the past decade, and every single one of them disappointed. It just is not a good time in general. Add in the competition surrounding?

If things stay the way they are now, expect a gross around 90/250ish, perhaps 100/275, or even 80/225. I would be surprised i it failed to top Superman Returns adjusted for inflation (250 millionish), but release date is crap.

Putting Superman on June 13th was an extremely amateurish move by Warner Brothers part. If W.B. are wise, they will move Man of Steel July 10th, where they currently have "Pacific Rim". Pacific Rim should be moved to July.

Part of me is highly skeptical they will keep superman in the Summer, to be frank. They've had such little marketing to date, and November 1st is empty. Superman could easily open to 100 million+ on that date, and ride through thanksgiving.

R.I.P. Heath

Last edited by Excel; 12-01-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote