View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #52
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: A theory about an alternate TDKR with the Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Even though I never said it was written badly? Lol.
"I actually didn't like Crane showing up in TDKR as well because he would have been in Arkham Asylum and since there was nothing mentioned about TDKR, Crane's appearances just seemed off."

The lack of a mention of Arkham and him being there seemed off implies bad writing.

Quote:
And while it doesn't contradict anything, it is simply a bit of a pull back reaction to see Crane being the only Arkham inmate out of Arkham.
Why? Who's easier to control? A legion of insane criminals or sane ones?

Quote:
Not at all. Is Crane still being some pawn without knowing the true intention of the LoS as was the case in BB?
Yes. But he was unaware of that.

Quote:
Hey, not everyone can have the same exact opinions as you do.
I never said they should and I would never want them to either. Then where would I be without having pages and pages of these fun multi quotes posts?

Quote:
I know it's hard to understand, but I do find it more settling that Batman could have been still in action until the Dent Act was created as opposed to Bane and his men deciding to release one inmate from Arkham who was only a pawn to the League's plan when Ra's was alive. And to release said Arkham inmate to only perform as a judge in a kangaroo court when anyone could've been in that role, as even a member of the LoS.
Ok two things;

1. You can have all the theories you like. You just don't have anything from the movie that supports it regarding Batman and the 8 year gap. But you can believe what ever you want. My point is you are perfectly happy to apply a logic like that to one thing, but cannot imagine something so absurdly simple as breaking out one inmate from Arkham. You actually wanted to be spoon fed such a thing in the movie.

2. Crane serving as the Judge for residents of Gotham instead of just "anyone" or another LOS member makes more sense because Crane is a resident of Gotham and therefore is in a better position to pass sentence on other Gotham citizens. Second he is a cut above your average LOS member when it comes to intelligence. He's a doctor. He's a far smarter choice.

Quote:
Dent said while he's in Arkham Asylum, someone(Maroni) took control of the mob. It would be most logical to suggest Falcone is still in Arkham Asylum, otherwise it would've been mentioned while in court that Falcone is now in prison.
Why is that? Dent is mentioning that the Falcone empire lost it's leader when Falcone was put in Arkham. So that means someone had to step in and run everything.

That doesn't mean Falcone is still languishing in Arkham months later.

Quote:
It would also make sense to say Falcone is in prison now, though. Or he could have simply said while Falcone was away in prison rather than Arkham if Falcone is given the antidote and was sent to prison. Would it be necessary to mention Falcone's stay in Arkham, given the time table for him to be cured would have been perhaps a week's time after BB's events?
Yes it would, because it was Falcone's transfer to Arkham that made his position up for grabs. And most likely when Maroni stepped in to run things.

Remember this all happened in Begins in the space of a couple of days.

Quote:
They became pivotal in helping the League. That is 100% fact that they became a valuable part in helping out the League's plans. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been helping the League at all.
How were they pivotal to helping the League when Bane's plan was never ever reliant on them to begin with? They were helping the League because Bane set them free and armed them with guns.

It's simply a case of the more the merrier. Not a case of we need the numbers to run the city.

Quote:
I act as that? Just by saying Joker is already being compared with Bane? By saying 'already', I think you could understand that I am aware already they're being compared. Maybe I should have used bold...
But Anno, that is the same for all movies. Within days of TDK's release Ra's was compared to Joker. Sandman and Venom were compared to Doc Ock after Spider-Man 3's release etc.

It also happens with the movies right after release. Comparing which movie is better. It's the nature of the beast with superhero fans. They always compare.

Comparisons to the Joker were inevitable.

Quote:
Such as he would be even in a little cameo moreso then the main villain. It's silly to not say this won't happen.
It's sillier to say it would happen based on no proof at all, or even past examples of where a villain cameo did that.

Quote:
Seems as though you're giving Joker less credit just because it would have been a cameo.
No, I'm not. I concede there would have been some buzz for Joker appearing in the movie again in any capacity. But to say a cameo would have dwarfed everyone else in the movie is the height of insanity.

Quote:
You are aware of how fans are, right?
I am. That's why I'm confident in saying this. Unless you can give me some examples of your alleged scenario that would happen, because I've given you some examples of mine.

Quote:
Plus, you're speaking on a film that has zero praise for any of the villains, or zero praise for pretty much anything. You sure that's a good example?
You mean Spider-Man 3? Wouldn't the fact that there is so little praise for the villains in it mean that even more praise would be given to Norman?

Quote:
I'm saying if Joker was in TDKR. You would have kept talking about his cameo even with a film you didn't like.
Well thanks for telling me what you think I would have kept doing. But I think I know myself better than you.

Quote:
Such as...?
Norman in the Spider-Man sequels, Wolverine in First Class, Xavier in Wolverine etc.

All mega popular characters, but did you see everyone talking so much about them more than the majority of the main characters in the movies?

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote