View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #158
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I honestly don't get why anyone complains about cameos/guest stars in the MCU. It wouldn't be a connected universe if there was nothing to connect the stories. That's not saying these character appearances have to overpower the movie or anything, but they're definitely necessary.
TBH, I'm not complaining about Widow in IM2. Yes, I think her role was superfluous and unnecessary to the storyline, and needlessly complicated a movie that already had more than enough antagonists/foils for Tony, but I was happy to see her, and see ScarJo play her nicely.

But bit parts like Hawkeye are just "ugh." If you're going to actually *have* a cameo as Hawkeye, then do something Hawkeye-ish, goddammit. Don't just pull a bow, aim, then stand down and never contribute anything to the plot.

That's why I think the theory that Janet is in this one is complete bull****, because there is absolutely nothing in that brief scene, and nothing in the faux rumormills about her role that are even remotely like the Janet Van Dyne of the comic books (616 or Ultimate).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014