View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #41
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Default Re: Any word on if this is going to resolve continuity issues from First Class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
People are trying to make things way way way more compicated than It needs to be.The Idea that Bryan Singer Is directing and X-Men and X2 not part of official film timeline Is crazy.The future with Sentinles will be post trilogy or post X-Men/X2.
But the whole idea of DoFP is to make sure that this timeline with Sentinels and camps does not actually happen. So if X1-X3 are a part of that timeline, where does that leave them post-DoFP and what is then the "official" timeline? The idea that Singer would not want to exclude X1-X2 from this movie, but that he would be totally fine to put aside his own films after DoFP to make way for a new timeline, and leave "his" timeline in a dead end in a dystopian future, is kinda strange to me.

I think that bringing in X1-X3 into this movie -and- keeping them as a part of current timeline would work if you set the crucial event shortly after X3. That way, after the dystopian future is averted, the post-X3 timeline can just go as per normal. But by setting the event back in the 60s, I don't see it working the same way.

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 12-02-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote