View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 03:05 AM   #41
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Plan out the sequels to Amazing Spider-Man

In TASM2, Mary Jane should be introduced, but have a small role (as Sony said she would). At the end of the film, Gwen is killed.

By TASM3, Peter is coping with her death, trying to move on. He has to deal with the Green Goblin in the process, and the mystery of his parents as well. By the end of the film, he finally is able to accept Gwen's death, and begin his relationship with Mary Jane. Finally, he finds his Uncle Ben's killer, and after everything he has been through in all 3 films, his responsibility here is truly tested; now he has to decide on what the right thing to do would be. Ultimately, he turns him into the police, and can move on knowing his uncle's killer has been brought to justice, and continues his life as Spider-Man. Everything comes full circle.

The whole trilogy could be the "origin" of Peter Parker's transformation into Spider-Man. In the Raimi films, Peter gets bit, quickly learns responsibility, and becomes Spider-Man instantly. I think this franchise has the potential to get much deeper than that.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote