View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #739
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I know what hard-boiled means, lol. The entire cast can't be cynical and joyless. This isn't Watchmen.

The Annihilation/Conquest books had more characters like Nova and Phyla to balance out all of the bitterness

Im just saying that one iteration of the Star-Lord character was indeed hard-boiled

But Im not saying they have to go that route. Also, I dont consider Gamora to be joyless. She seems to take quite a bit of pleasure in her "work" and in her life in general. Just because she's a killer doesnt mean she's never happy.

One more point: Feige himself has referenced the Dirty Dozen as a template for this movie. There were MANY hard-boiled character on that team and the movie was still a lot of fun. I don't expect that level of hardness to this movie, but making SL somewhat hard-boiled doesnt mean the movie won't have humor or even a generally light tone.

I think a grimmer SL could work, but I also think a more light-hearted take could be equally good. Just saying that theres more than one way to skin a cat.

edit: Chewy you are absolutely right that the team in the comics has more characters to balance the tone than the movie version. Good point.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 12-02-2012 at 06:32 PM.