View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
Soapy
It's happening again...

Default Re: Halo 5 speculation (spoilers for Halo 4)

What I want:
  • Better new enemies - These Promethean guys suck. Seriously. I know some people bemoaned the return of The Covenant, but I'll take more of them over Prometheans any day of the week. They're nowhere near as much fun to fight as Covies, nor as well designed. If Prometheans are going to be the primary enemies moving forward, then 343 really needs to go back to the drawing board.
  • More original weapons - Reskinning existing weapons is a lazy and boring way of making "new" weapons.
  • More memorable music - The new music isn't bad, but very little of it stuck in my mind after I was finished.
  • Less Forerunner interior sections - I felt like half the game I was inside some boring, cavernous, grey room with obligatory nonsensical Forerunner architecture.
  • Stop trying to recreate Halo: CE - I feel like every Halo game since the original has felt like a "greatest hits" rehash of the original Halo's many awesome moments. Come up with NEW awesome stuff!

What I predict:
  • Halo 5 & 6 will be very different than previous games - I feel like 343 sticking so closely to the structure of the first trilogy was intentional for a variety of reasons, but mainly because they want to knock you on your ass with what they're planning. At least that's what I hope.
  • Master Chief is a Jedi - Whatever happened to MC in Halo 4 will result in him gaining some kind of "Forerunner powers".
  • Human civil war - In addition to Forerunners Master Chief will be fighting humans, specifically Spartan IVs led by Dr. Halsey in the future.
  • The good Covenant and Arby will make a return - When the human civil war flares up, Master Chief and whichever faction he sides with will go to the Covenant for aid.
  • Cortana will totally be back - In Halo 5 MC will get paired up with a new AI, probably intentionally more cold and artificial feeling than Cortana, but Chief will begin to experience hallucinations of Cortana, in both visual and aural varieties. Both us and the Chief will be left to wonder if it's really her or just an illusion. Additional speculation: EDI style, she'll get some kind of physical body in Halo 6 and fight alongside the chief. Either that, or she'll be able to "possess" enemy hardware.

Last edited by Soapy; 12-02-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote