View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #831
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edguy View Post
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but why do we call her Captain Marvel at all? Isn't that kind of odd, seeing as her rank is major?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Its the mantle that she took over which is why they would call her captain marvel. Not because of her actual ranking. Gotta love aliens.
I think that just proves that the general audience will wonder the same thing. As I said before in an earlier post, Captain America's army rank in the comics was Private, but they promoted him to Captain in the movie, and then called him Captain Rogers. People will wonder why she isn't Major Marvel if she's Major Danvers, whether or not it's a mantle or homage to Mar-Vell. It just makes it much simpler if she's a Captain in the US Air Force rather than Major. Yes, I realise Major is higher than Captain, but it would be less confusing. Besides, Captain America has never been that highly ranked in the Army and that hasn't reflected on his tactical ability and leadership.