View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 01:49 AM   #111
JOE

Default Re: Man of Steel - worried about Star Trek 2, Iron Man 3, and The Wolverine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Because they want to release it on Superman's 75th anniversary. I'm not saying it's intelligent, but there is a somewhat sound marketing reason behind it.
This isn't towards you because you were only simply saying what their plan is... However, a 75th anniversary doesn't mean s**t when you're rebuilding a franchise from the ground up after a terrible "return" of said franchise.

Forget all the sentimental mumbo-jumbo. This movie needs to hit hard. Give the movie a fighting chance. Positioning it for anniversary purposes is irrelevant if it's unappreciated by the majority of viewers. Make it targeted to them by having it on a 4th of July. Not only is the Superman franchise relying on it, but foundation of any potential Justice League movie. If MOS tanks, the way Green Lantern did, the Justice League hopes die along with Snyder's chance to save it in a sequel.

Again, all hypotheticals. I doubt this movie will even come close to GL. But possibilities are possibilities.

The Man of Steel needs and Iron Man 1 start. Coincidentally, Iron Man initiated Phase 1 of the Avengers. This could be the spark DC needs to show light against an all-powerful Marvel. Gotta hand it to them, their planning was great and it yielded great results. Although I'm a Marvel fan, I'd love to see DC step up to the plate. Good for both parties.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote