View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:52 AM   #704
TheGuy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
That was what I got from that, but it's still awkwardly edited. It's clear that they changed it for time and rating reasons. Foley as a character is necessary to the story, including his arrogant, douchey demeanor. He was indicative of the Gotham police force as a whole, or rather what it had turned into the eight years of relative inactivity and complacency. He was poised to take Gordon's job as commissioner once he had resigned or was fired. Though it wasn't handled as eloquently as it could have been, Foley's arc from being a coward holed up in his house to leading the police to taking back the city was a redemptive arc that was also indicative of the GPD, in which they finally get their dang act together after three movies of corruption and inadequacy. It was the Batman effect at play.
I agree. I'd add that him hating Batman is what Gotham became after Dent's death. He's the Gotham POV that many here claim is lacking in TDKR.