View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #713
Ryan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Unfortunately guys like Foley have to take the fall. When I watched TDKR I'm wondering where's Batman, where's Gordon, where's Alfred and even where's Selina. Perhaps Gordon had as much screen time as he did in the previous movies, but man, it sure didn't feel like it. His scenes were for the most part less then memorable or impactful. Alfred had a couple good scenes but then was gone for the better part of the movie. Bruce had alot of scenes....great, but in my opinion...too much. I understand all this "this is the Bruce Wayne story" talk really started pouring out when this movie came out, as if to somehow justify the lack of Batman. I'm sorry, but Bruce's story serves as a nice backdrop, but its the creation of the Batman and its Legend that I came to see. As much as I go on about TDKR, to be honest, I actually kind ragged on TDK when I first saw it as I thought Batman could have had a bigger pressence in that movie as well. But I could at least forgive TDK for that shortcoming as it had a pretty amazing story.