View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #184
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I hope they do mention some Avengers stuff. Maybe give hints to Phase 2.
What I hope for is an in-depth look at what happened in The Avengers and how it affected Tony emotionally and financially. The man had his home turned into Ground Zero for an alien invasion led by a psychotic pseudo-god, then nearly died flying a nuke through a wormhole to the other side of the universe. Those were terribly traumatic experiences that would naturally cause Tony to have PTSD (nightmares, inability to sleep, etc.). When I saw the trailer I was happy to see that those very important issues are being addressed, rather than glossed over and forgotten.

Another thing I'm curious about is what legal ramifications might have arisen from the invasion and the damages it caused. Stark Tower was the epicenter of the attack, even though Tony himself was not responsible for it. The victims of the attack might consider Stark and his company legally responsible, however, mistakenly blaming him for Loki's destructive actions. I wonder if the script will touch on that angle at all, the fact that some people might sue Stark for damages because he seemed connected to the cause because of the portal's location. That would only deepen the problems Tony faces this time around, and it would play into The Mandarin's plans.