View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #260
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Th Confused Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Not so much compared to many other franchises and standalone movies. So he doesnt sell as much as some fans seem to think.

I could post a list of countries who supported FC much more than Wolverine.

International market isnt about two or three countries, so if all those countries together supported FC with better numbers than XO Wolverine, the 'Wolverine sells" doesnt make sense anymore.

And, XO: W in fact wasnt a solo movie, since he had fan favourites like Gambit, (young) Cyclops and Emma, more other supporting roles like Deadpool and Blob. It was team movie more than a solo movie. Of course, now there will be fans that will say the general audience werent interested in them. yeah, tell that to anyone else.

It was another team movie with Wolverine as the lead, but this time with new actors playing those known mutants.

The curious thing is that the very first movie of a new franchise like Ironman, with a lead actor less famous than Hugh made much more movie than a movie with Wolverine, Gambit, Deadpool, young Cyclops and young Emma.

But no, Wolverine sells tickets.
XO Wolverine had a bunch of extras that most didn't care about and leaked online before it was released, plus it was absolutely crap, yet it still overall out-grossed First Class. X2 and X3 with Wolverine as the lead out-grossed First Class, I'm not sure why you are arguing this, Wolverine is far and away the most popular character when it comes to the X Men and the numbers support this when it comes to the films.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote