View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #213
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Default Re: Ultimate One Universe RPG: IC Thread

~A Knife in the Dark~

Western Pennsylvania

We've been driving ever since we escaped the desert. I'm sure all of us are a sight, but I can't risk stopping and attracting attention. We need to get to Xavier. He's the only one that can help us now. We need to get to a place that is safe.

I take a long drag on a cigar that I picked up before heading into the desert. As I exhale, a voice says deadpan from next to me, "You know that's bad for me, right?"

Looking down, I see the face of Kitty Pryde looking up at me with a smirk on her face. She's opened up a lot in the past hours of the drive. She's feisty. A lot like I was when I was a kid. And she's stronger than I would have guessed. But then again, she would have to be to survive what she went through.

She looks at the cigar again, "Seriously."

I grumble and toss it out the window, and she asks, "What is wrong with the world, Logan? Why do our people want to kill us, and the humans want to kill us."

"I'll be honest, darlin', there's a lot of bad people out there," I respond. "And then a lot of stupid people that will listen to them."

"Are you a bad or stupid person, Logan?" she asks, kidding around with me.

"What do you think?" I say. But what I'm thinking is, Not anymore, kid.

"No. I think your good. Same with Kurt. He's too fluffy to be bad," she says jokingly. "But you may be stupid. I can't tell."

I begin to laugh, that is, until Charles Xavier's voice booms through my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
~Logan. This is Charles Xavier. If you can hear this message, meet me in New York City. It's in Central Park, I'm sending you the mental images of the location and time. It's an emergency. Please, my friend, hurry.~
The car swerves a bit, and Kitty lets out a yelp as Kurt wakes up from the back seat.

"Vhat was zhat!"

"You guys ever been to New York City?"

"No."

"Nein."

"Well, get ready for your first trip."

Central Park is dark, and cold. At this time of year, there's little activity in New York's island of green. I walk gingerly through the trees, Kitty hanging on around my neck. She insisted on not walking. Kurt follows along in the trees.

I find Charles waiting for me in the designated area, he looks worried. I can sense something bad has happened. Really bad.

I shift Kitty to the ground and we approach him, "You look like hell, Chuck. What's happened?"

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote