View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #375
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Michael Shannon IS General Zod - Part 3

Quote:
MICHAEL SHANNON

THE 38-YEAR-OLD BOARDWALK EMPIRE ACTOR IS ABOUT TO ADD A HIT MAN AND A PISSED-OFF GENERAL FROM THE PLANET KRYPTON TO HIS MISFIT-FILLED RÉSUMÉ—BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE'S RULED OUT ROM-COMS.

INTERVIEW BY STEVE KANDELL, PHOTOGRAPHS BY SHAUN HARTAS

DECEMBER 2012 / JANUARY 2013 ISSUE

---

DETAILS: Next year, you'll be onscreen as a real-life contract killer in The Iceman, then as General Zod in Man of Steel. Do you take a comic-book-villain role as seriously as you would an actual human?

Michael Shannon: You can't read a book about being an alien, but I did read a book about Ulysses S. Grant, just to have an idea about being a general. Something like Man of Steel winds up being a lot more work: We're in physical training for months before we start shooting, regardless of the fact that my character is covered in armor and that most of my stunts will be computer-enhanced. You think of the job as all just pretending to lift heavy objects and kicking the air, then all of a sudden you have a line and it's a little jarring, like, Oh, right, this is what I actually do.

DETAILS: Did you get to say "Kneel before Zod!"?

Michael Shannon: No. We went in a different direction.

DETAILS: Do you at least get to say it around the house?

Michael Shannon: No. I got my fill of General Zod. Maybe the whole movie will be playful or comical, but when I was doing it, it was very serious: My planet's destroyed, what am I gonna ****ing do?

http://www.details.com/celebrities-e...mpire-superman

Last edited by Willi Berg; 12-03-2012 at 11:45 PM.