View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #735
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
It's not in the dialogue in the movie. It's in the old script and the virals. He's not some random detective, he is shown to have all of the same authority as Gordon, particularly after Gordon is hospitalized. My takeaway is not the same as those guys in TDK at all.
Stephens had fairly a great amount of power though once Gordon was believed to be dead, even ordering to turn the Bat signal on and to turn it off which I always thought was Gordon's shtick to do and only his.

Since I was never into the virals though and if it's not in any dialogue on film, I will just picture Foley being a high ranking detective that worked closely with Gordon who would have just taken Gordon's place as Commissioner if he is ever fired or quit. Much better to think of as this way when I hate the title 'Deputy Commissioner' which wasn't even a position in BB or TDK. Gordon becomes Commissioner after Loeb dies, so obviously there wasn't such a position as DC in that film.