View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 02:11 AM   #741
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics View Post
It's not his interest though, but his character that matters and what he presents to the film.(he does present something) During the first chase scene, Foley talks about his hate for Batman to Blake showing us a perspective of Gotham. His douchey demeanor, as Happy Jack stated is indicative of the police's complacency as a result of 8 years of clean streets. This is backed up by the mayor ignoring the media questioning him about the cops going underground.

Foley: "Who do you wanna catch? Some robber or this son of a b**** who killed Harvey Dent?"

Gordon: "I want him found"
Foley: "Yeah, the masked man"

Mayor: "It's just a training exercise"

I could go on. Nolan gave us few regular joes because they never mattered. The characters of the movie represented something of Gotham.
They should have mattered, the one film where their perspective was required is the one film without it. Foley doesn't represent anyone other than himself, he's a selfish coward looking to make a name for himself.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.