View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 01:27 AM   #742
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros View Post
Non mentioning a character because the actor died is silly, the best way to honor a man is to keep his memory alive, not act like he never existed. Playing the joker was ledgers finest work as an actor, besides his daughter was his legacy.Good people die everyday, hell every second, but you cant just let their work die with them. I respect his decision, but he missed an opportunity.
The memory of Ledger's Joker is alive...in The Dark Knight.

How else could they continue with Ledger's joker in TDKR? Any line or reference of Joker would only feel like a throwaway line to just keep him mentioned in Nolan's Batuniverse and that would only bring down this epic legacy of Ledger's Joker, imo. Best to keep the legacy alive only in the film Heath Ledger is actually in. And plus, the audience still at least is aware of Joker's doing and what he has done to Bruce Wayne in TDKR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
He gets obsessed with maintaining order and goes a bit nutso. Gets a bit too willing to go outside the law, ultimately gets a bit trigger-happy/militant.

The scene from THE DARK KNIGHT where the hostages are dressed like clowns? That happens in NO MAN'S LAND, and Foley shoots several of them before he can be brought down.
Hrm...yah, I couldn't see them doing that to Foley in TDKR, lol.