View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 08:51 AM   #530
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Whether you like the poster or not, it doesn't matter. WB created hype and got people talking with a simple picture of a superhero under arrest. It gets people buzzing and shockingly most of the comments i have read have been favorably positive. It's a poster that intrigues people. Now once again, not to sound like a broken record, but it could have been executed so much better, but i think WB got what they wanted.
I don't really think so. I mean if you want to make it sharper and more properly aligned or something you run the risk of making it look too doctored, staged, and well... just fake looking.

I think the blur is done to draw the eye into the center. The soldiers are blurred on the sides. Supes is sharper and features the red accents. It's really cleverly done to stand out, not to mention it's not the generic poster we're used to seeing for genre films so it will stand out when displayed in theatres. I think the fact that it's thought-provoking too whilst answering no questions. 'Why is Superman being captive by the military?' it forces people to ask?

Everyone is saying that it's an exact shot from the film. But watching the Comic-con trailer it's not really. In the comic-con shot the soldiers are farther apart and the shot is taken more from the ground pointing up.