View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #219
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Jamie Foxx IS Electro - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
Looks like they are again trying to make a sympathetic villain... this makes me worried
Sandman was not "bad," he was just stealing money to find a cure for his daughter.

Doc Ock was sympathetic because he was a good guy being controlled by mechanical arms.

Harry was just getting revenge for his father...

Green Goblin was originally a good guy in the beginning of SM1, but turned outright evil after taking the serum.

Lizard was turned into a monster, but had good intentions (making a world without weakness), but he didn't know that he was actually harming everyone. He was never really the "bad guy."

Magneto is considered bad, but he also had a hard time growing up... he was in the holocaust, lost both his parents, faced oppression as a mutant, etc. So you can feel for him. But doesn't mean he is "good."

I think electro can be sympathetic, but still evil like Magneto in the x-men films.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"

Last edited by Picard Sisko; 12-04-2012 at 10:43 AM.