View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #197
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
Please no stories about lawsuits ...

If they're mentioned, I'll live, but I want an Iron Man movie not courtroom drama.
Agreed. I mean the first two movies the small court room drama worked well because Tony was cocky and very sure of himself, and it was funny to watch him with his superior tech just owning and embarrassing the Senator in the court room. However, after the events of the Avengers we are left with a very different Tony Stark, one that almost seems broken to me and definitely not cocky unless he is using it as a facade. Almost, like I felt he was doing when he was cocky with Loki at Stark Tower. I felt he was really scared in that scene (with no armor and no defenses), but tryed to use his cockiness to play off the idea that he was scared and buy himself some time.
So, with this much darker type of movie I don't think the court room drama would work as well as it did in previous movies, not to mention it will start seeming somewhat repetitive and get boring. At least that is how I see it.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."