View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #104
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: A theory about an alternate TDKR with the Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Haha no kidding eh?

As cool as it would have been to have more movies with Ledger, i prefer the route they took with this one. Another Joker, Two-Face movie would have felt repetitive for me since it would be 2 movies in a row. Just a reversal, with Two-Face as the lead villain. I like a nice contrast. It was the reason why i didnt want Riddler for Batman 3. If it wasn't going to be Bane/Talia with Catwoman then a movie with just Penguin or Hugo Strange/Catwoman (Prey) would have been my choice.
I wouldn't have minded Strange being the main villain in TDKR even if it was still eight years later, but I definitely love the idea of the League of Shadows being bookends to The Dark Knight Trilogy. It makes the series as a whole feel like a trilogy in the veins of Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.

It's like, while Batman set out to clean the streets of Gotham City from the mobs and ultimately this psychotic man known as Joker, there is this group that Batman also had to deal with that was more worldly than just taking out mobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Sounds better then what we got.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote