View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #340
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - letdown or not?

EDIT: Wrong thread. Too many tabs on the browser.

Double Edit: Let's make this post count
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franny View Post
My partner stated something I haven't considered. Alfred' could had been dreaming of seeing Bruce sitting across the way. All this autopilot business' yet we saw him in that cockpit heading out across the bay' right up to the explosion.

In another thread:http://forums.superherohype.com/show...399777&page=37

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
I'm sorry, but the ending is pretty straightforward. While I think that Bruce still has lingering feelings about his deathwish (the whole "No Autopilot" thing), it is pretty clear that he chose to save himself. That was the point of the film, that Bruce has to overcome all the pain that was burdening his whole life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Agreed.

Also, I don't think he was sure either that the autopilot will work (even if he fixed it) and that he will survive. I think he learned something from Bane about the "whole giving people hope and then taking it away" punishment. He didn't want to give the people he cared about hope that he will survive when it's most likely that he won't.

I'm not satisfied with some parts of the ending but I'm glad that Bruce survived and finally got the chance to live a life free from anger and pain with someone.
Quote:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

But seriously, it most likely could have been an artistic choice, toying with the timeframe, he could have jumped earlier, etc...

Also, he is Batman.
Quote:
It's like somebody said:

"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call "The Prestige"." "
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
It's called editing. It's not like they show you the timer twice to lock in the time frame. They are simply using editing to manipulate the audience, and thye did it to amazing effect.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Last edited by BlueLightning; 12-04-2012 at 04:23 PM.
BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote