View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #207
Matarreyes
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Well the comment by Tony in the trailer regarding him having trouble sleeping states it relates to the events of NY., as well as another scene describes his concern about not being able to protect the one thing he cares about most (which appears to be Pepper).

Now, I have always taken it as he has seen all these new things (Aliens and Gods) and forces at work (The Tesseract) beyond the scope of what he thought he knew, and he is left trying to process all of this new information as well as being left with a feeling uneasyness as to whether his Iron Man suit is really enough to protect everything that matters to him. So, he is left with a lot of self doubt is the way I saw it.
This is one explanation, but then again, Tony is a scientist. I cannot see him freaked out because of some weird tech and some new species - IŽd think he be excited at this development.

The phrases in the trailer are cut. For all we know, he can be saying:
- Nothing has been the same since New York. You experience things, and then they are over, and suddenly you are not a hero anymore and every ******* wants a piece of your fortune.
- I cannot sleep. And when I do, I have nightmares that are not related to the Tesseract at all, but rather to whatever is going wrong in the movie - for example the fact that the suit is not obeying me and acting on his own.
- I hope to protect the one person I cannot live without - but not from aliens, and rather from the new in-movie threat?