View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #759
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

The honest trailer is hilarious but if jeez I really hate how people are just putting down Batman's 8 years purely to Rachel.

I do think that TDKR is the weakest now but still amazing the other two are far more air tight and this has some very un-Nolany moments. The honest trailer just points some out. I can't believe the same guy who wrote some of the most detailed and air-tight films such as The Prestige, TDK, Inception and Memento also wrote this. I love it and it's a solid 9/10 and better than anything else I've seen this year but I do think there are some very "off" moments with this film. I almost get the vibe that the Nolan's didn't go back and watch the other two before they did this.

I think my only MAJOR issue with this film is Gotham. I can live with 10 minutes of Batman, a huge scale film but this city needed to feel like a city. With BB and TDK that was brought across IMO perfectly but here.... nah. I mean a big gripe I have is that after 8 years this big character in Gotham's life has returned and we never once see how Gotham reacts to this. Then when he is gone and Bane reveals to the city that he was the hero not once do we ever see the city want him back. As far as we know only Gordon, Blake and Selina know Bruce has gone. So you're telling me not ONE cop goes "Gee schucks mister Gordon we could really do with a Batman about now" or "Hey where has that Batman gone that was here a few days ago". Yes we have the statue at the end but we never see the city accept Batman back. Gotham is the issue in this film. The bat-symbol scene should have been THEE scene where the audience goes "YEAH, here he is to save the city" but instead to me it is just "Oh look Batman is back".

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.