View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #771
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
This movie needed more viewpoints from Gotham's inhabitants than the Joker's did. Bane and Talia's whole plan is predicated upon torturing the people of Gotham and yet we don't get to see their reactions to any of what occurs. A major theme is also the idea of Batman finally becoming the symbol he was supposed to be for the people, yet the only ones in the whole movie shown to be truly inspired by him are Blake, Foley (a borderline annoying character who barely matters), and the random orphan kid (essentially a cameo). I would argue that this movie required MORE of the presence of Gotham's regular citizens than TDK did
Not really. Their whole plan was to get back at Bruce, and we witness just how strongly he reacts to seeing the Special Forces guys hanging from that bridge.

Bane even tells you before he does it - it's not about Gotham. Not really. They're just pawns. They could have blown Gotham sky high whenever they wanted. It's about making Bruce suffer.