View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #211
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
The Mandarin isn't just some lackey for Guy Pierce's character, I hope? The comment about Kinglsey=Mouthpiece, Pierce=Brains, Other Guy=Muscle worried me.
Killian's role is already considerably beefed up from the comics (for the record, Aldrich Killian never even had a "speaking" role in the original Extremis comic, as readers of it well know). I strongly, strongly suspect he's the "Scientist Supreme" of AIM in this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matarreyes View Post
This is one explanation, but then again, Tony is a scientist. I cannot see him freaked out because of some weird tech and some new species - IŽd think he be excited at this development.
Tony doesn't strike me (in the comics *or* the MCU) as being the "open-minded" scientist type, though. He's of that variety that thinks science is cut-and-dried, nuts-and-bolts, and that all that supernatural b.s. is just that --- b.s. You get the impression in Avengers early that he doesn't even remotely believe that Thor is a god or even an alien. I think his "down (up) the rabbit hole" moment through the portal was a major epiphany for him, and really, really shook him up; because now he has to accept that he *doesn't* know everything. And, in fact, given the MCU's vastly expanded universe, he's got to realize that he really knows next to nothing at all about how the (superhero/space opera/fantasy) universe works.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014