View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:56 PM   #793
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
I think it's very important to view it on its own merits out of the shadow of hype from TDK or any other high profile superhero film. At the same time, the story in the film is dependent on the previous installments so it is kind of not possible to look at it in a complete vacuum. I don't think a person could get the movie at all unless they had seen the other two.
Absolutely, the other two are needed to fully understand and appreciate it. But I also don't think enough people, around here specifically, compare it as a standalone film to other superhero movies outside of the trilogy. It's grandiose, big spectacle entertainment on a scale rarely seen. I think over time, it will get that recognition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I don't even think about it getting better with age.

It is already better even with some nitpicks here and there. It's still a highly-praised film and while not as much as The Dark Knight, it can be viewed as receiving as much praise or even more than Batman Begins.
I agree. To me, it's far and away a better overall film than BB, but that's my particular preference. Going outside of the trilogy, I'm hard-pressed to see many that rival it in the history of the genre.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather