View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #794
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
For all the small issues I have with this film, watching it again in the comfort of my home reaffirms what I've always thought. Over time, it's going to get a lot better with age IMO.

We can nitpick to death, but I say, take BB & TDK out of the equation. How many other superhero movies compare to TDKR in that sense? We're comparing Nolan to himself and his previous work, instead of the landscape of the comic book film in general. When I look at it from that regard, it's still a masterful piece of work. I love it more already...
I feel exactly the same. I honestly feel pretty spoiled with just how good this series was. It's been an entire Bat-rennaissance period. Christopher Nolan changed the way I think about superhero movies...3 times in a row.

And my need to compare to the other films keeps diminishing. It's going to be a mood thing for me more and more as time goes on. The films are all so different that I'll have to be in a particular mood for each of them. In fact, each time I finish watching TDKR, I feel that urge to go back and watch BB and relive the whole story again. Just like every time I see that Joker card turned over, I want to launch right into TDK. The films are cyclical like that.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158