View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #796
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
And my need to compare to the other films keeps diminishing. It's going to be a mood thing for me more and more as time goes on. The films are all so different that I'll have to be in a particular mood for each of them. In fact, each time I finish watching TDKR, I feel that urge to go back and watch BB and relive the whole story again. Just like every time I see that Joker card turned over, I want to launch right into TDK. The films are cyclical like that.
For sure. It's definitely a mood thing. They're probably the most unified yet different group of films I can think of, at least in terms of those trilogies that are marginally good, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight08 View Post
Nolan's films were never meant to be literal translations of the source material. Hell, not even Marvel's films do that. They're meant to present, IMHO, certain hypothetical aspects of the Batman mythology. How would Bruce Wayne become Batman? How would someone as chaotic as the Joker affect a modern metropolitan city? How would Bruce Wayne finally end his journey as Batman, that didn't lead with him dying or forever in misery?
Which is why its so good to me. Nolan distilled each character down to their base qualities, then rebuilt them through his own personal prism. It was what I always wanted from a film interpretation, to be close to the original comic motivations and personality, and at the same time it was nothing I could've expected beforehand visually & thematically.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 12-05-2012 at 12:23 AM.