View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #210
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Alright, let me rephrase. There were no links threads left hanging from film one as much as people protest there is, that story was done. Going full circle should have justification behind it, and there is no justification for the LoS and Talia in Rises. Any dangling threads from film one were artificially created for this movie, and in doing so screws up Bane and worse Catwoman in the process and that's kinda what pisses me off about the movie.
What's lazy about revenge, if it's warranted? Bruce's quest for revenge drove much of the early parts of BB, but it didn't make Dent's fall any less compelling in TDK, at least not to me.

Gotham still standing & Ras Al Ghul's murderer still alive are the dangling threads, if you will. Could Nolan have gone a different route? Sure, but I can't see how choosing to draw parallels back to the beginning, for the end, is the horrible decision some of you guys make it out to be.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 12-05-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote